The value of pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Stakeholder pensions are a low-cost personal pension plan that have been designed to help people save for their retirement. By law, stakeholder pensions must meet a minimum number of standards to make sure they offer value for money, flexibility and security.
It’s a simple type of pension plan that aims to offer exceptional value for money. The government introduced stakeholder plans to encourage people to save for their retirement.
However, similar to other pension plans, the value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount you originally invested.
A Stakeholder Pension may be suitable if you:
- Want to build up a sum of money in a tax-efficient way, to provide an income and tax-free sum when you retire
- Are employed or self-employed and do not have access to a company scheme
- Want a flexible pension plan where you can pay regular or lump sum contributions
- Are happy with the range of investment funds available
- So not wish to pay charges higher than the stakeholder cap
A Stakeholder Pension may not be suitable if you:
- Want access to a wider range of funds than the stakeholder charge cap allows
- Want immediate access to non-insured investment options
- Would prefer a more active role in making investment decisions
- Would prefer ongoing advice
So you can make the right decision about what is right for your needs, it is a good idea to talk to us.
One of the keys to successful retirement planning is to regularly review all your pensions, regardless of whether you are still contributing. Thousands of pension customers have preserved benefits that do not get reviewed for years which can be extremely detremental..
At AIC Financial we offer regular reviews to ensure your current pensions are suitable to your needs and are performing to your expectations. We annually check your attitude to risk to ensure this has not changed along with your capacity for loss and retirement purpose. We could also save you money! Please contact us for your free, no obligation Retirement review using the link below.