The value of pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
You control where you invest your fund, how much income you take, how much tax-free cash you take and when you take it – and you could leave something behind for your dependants. Please be aware that any inncome or tax-free cash you take from your pension fund must be within limits set by the government. You also need to be age 55 or over to take your tax-free cash or any income.
It is designed to help you manage your income through the various stages of your retirement, while giving you the potential for investment growth.
The self -invested option is likely to appeal to those who like to take control of their retirement planning, and want more choice than a conventional personal pension can offer.
Income Drawdown may be suitable if:
- If you want to control how much income you take
- If you want to control when you take your income
- If you want to control how and when you take your tax-free cash
- If you want to control the death benefits you leave
- If you want control where you invest your pension fund
Income Drawdown may not be suitable if you:
- Want the security of a guaranteed income paid for your lifetime
- Prefer to take less responsibility in making investment choices
- Do not want to have to regularly montior your plan
So you can make the right decision about what is right for your needs, it is a good idea to talk to us.
One of the keys to successful retirement planning is to regularly review all your pensions, regardless of whether you are still contributing. Thousands of pension customers have preserved benefits that do not get reviewed for years which can be extremely detremental..
At AIC Financial we offer regular reviews to ensure your current pensions are suitable to your needs and are performing to your expectations. We annually check your attitude to risk to ensure this has not changed along with your capacity for loss and retirement purpose. We could also save you money! Please contact us for your free initial, no obligation Retirement review using the link below.